|Page (1) of 1 - 07/08/04||email article||print page|
Alias Announces Maya MasterClassesPresenters from Digital Domain, Naughty Dog, mental images and The Mill (July 08, 2004)
Alias announced today the full line up of games and film industry presenters for its 2004 Maya MasterClasses taking place August 9 12, 2004, during SIGGRAPH in Los Angeles, California. The 2004 Maya MasterClasses series offers 16 unique one and a half hour sessions that focus on real world applications for various features of the Maya software. Presenters are all industry experts who bring practical Maya experience to their sessions. Now in its sixth year, Maya MasterClasses at SIGGRAPH have become one of the most sought after events at the show.
Maya MasterClass Presenters
A stellar lineup of industry-leading artists and programmers are confirmed to deliver seminars during the Maya MasterClasses sessions. Presenters and topics for this year include:
* Chris Landreth, The Making of Ryan
* Adrian Graham, ToyBox, Crowd Simulation and Ordered Assembly Using Particle Instancing
* Paolo Berto, mental images Tricks R 4 Kids, Vol II: mental ray Techniques
* Joe Harkins, Tippett Studios Utility Nodes in an Animation Pipeline
* Matt Herzog, Meteor Studios Maya Fur and mental ray
* Rob Titus, Naughty Dog Preparing for the Future: Ideas for making games with Maya
* Petre Gheorghian, Alias Maya Long Hair
* Jeff Unay, Tippett Studio Hyper Real Modeling
* Erik Miller, Digital Domain Hyper-Real Facial Rigging
* Paul Thuriot, Tippett Studio Hyper Real Body Rigging
* Brad Clark, formerly of Acclaim, and John Hood, Oddworld InhabitantsMaintaining Art Integrity through the Games Pipeline
* Rob van den Bragt, The Mill - My Animated Maya
* Rob Aitchison, CBC Human Digital Scanning
* Blaine Cone and Derald Hunt, Turner Studios Broadcast Animation Techniques
Bonus Session: Duncan Brinsmead and Neehar Karnik, Alias - Maya Fluid EffectsTechniques
Early bird pricing is in effect until July 11, 2004 and sessions are available as bundles. Pricing begins at $225.00* for a 2-session bundle full pricing, bundle information and purchase information is available at www.alias.com/masterclasses. Maya MasterClass sizes are limited - book your session now for the best availability.
*Pricing is in US dollars. International pricing may vary.
As the world's leading innovator of 3D graphics technology, Alias develops software for the film and video, games, web, interactive media, industrial design, and visualization markets. In 2003, the company was awarded an Oscar for Technical Achievement from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for its development of Maya software, its professional 3D animation and effects package. Entertainment and games customers include: Acclaim Entertainment, Inc., CNN, Core Design Limited, Digital Domain, Disney, Electronic Arts, Industrial Light & Magic, Factor 5 LLC, Midway Games, Nintendo, Pacific Data Images (PDI), Pixar, Sega, Sony Pictures Imageworks, Square Co., Ltd., Warner Feature Animation and Weta Ltd.
Alias is a wholly owned, independent software company of SGI with headquarters in Toronto and custom development center in Santa Barbara. Please visit the Alias web site at http://www.alias.com or call 1-800-447-2542 in North America. International contact numbers include: Northern Europe, Middle East and Africa, +44 (0) 1494 441273; Germany, East & Southeast Europe, 0049 89 31 70 20; France, Spain and Portugal, +33 1 44 92 81 60; Italy, 39 039 6340011; Japan and other parts of Asia Pacific, 81 3 5797 3500 and Latin America, 770 393 1881.
Related Keywords:Alias, Maya, MasterClasses, Digital Domain, Naughty Dog, mental images, The Mill, 2004 Maya MasterClasses, SIGGRAPH, Chris Landreth, Adrian Graham, Paolo Berto, Joe Harkins, Matt Herzog, Rob Titus, Petre Gheorghian, Jeff Unay, Erik Miller, Paul Thuriot, Brad Clark, Rob van den Bragt, Rob Aitchison, Blaine Cone, Derald Hunt, Duncan Brinsmead, Neehar Karnik,