|Page (1) of 1 - 12/01/05||email article||print page|
Alias 3December Celebrations Come to Life Across the GlobeFrom Mumbai to New York and Shanghai to Paris, 3D enthusiasts gather to celebrate all things CG (December 01, 2005)
Alias announced today that its seventh annual 3December celebration will commence on the second of December in Tokyo, Japan, continuing through the next few days until the final computer graphics (CG) enthusiast hails the advancements of 3D in Chennai, India on December 5. 3December Alias' signature congregation of students, industry professionals and hobbyists extends itself for the first time this year with the online version of the event, 3December Online, launching globally on December 3. 3December 2005 festivities have been funded in part by global sponsors Hewlett-Packard Company and Intel Corporation.
A few examples of respected speakers and presenters at 3December 2005, spanning seven countries in North America, Europe and Asia, include:
* Ben Cinelli, Senior Digital Character Animator for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
* Aaron Oliver, Medical Imaging and Virtual Surgery for Smile Train Project
* Kirt Witte, Professor of Visual Effects, Savannah College of Art and Design
* Victor Schutz, Animation Lead on Zathura, Sony Pictures Imageworks Inc.
* Jayme Wilkinson, Technical Coordinator, Blue Sky Studios, Inc.
For further information about confirmed speakers and speaker topics, please visit www.3december.com.
Celebrate 3December for an Entire Month Targeted at 3D enthusiasts unable to attend live events or eager to further their 3December experience, www.3decemberonline.com provides free offerings including:
* Videos of customer presentations and testimonials (showcasing specific projects and work)
* Previews of Alias Learning Tools and expert interviews
* Downloads (screensavers, Alias Personal Learning Edition software, motion data)
* Project profiles and tutorials "Behind the Screenz"
* A User Gallery
* Links to online and print magazine articles featuring Alias products and customers
* Online forums
* Alias software demos
Alias' December MasterClasses Alias will be offering* MasterClasses in key cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia as a valuable and targeted learning opportunity for users. Taught by industry experts and Alias Product Specialists, seminars focused on Maya, Alias MotionBuilder, or Alias StudioTools cover a wide range of topics, techniques and workflows. MasterClasses, running throughout the month of December, will be offered in the following cities: Paris, London, Copenhagen, Atlanta and San Francisco.
For further information on MasterClasses, including speaker and venue details, please visit: www.alias.com/masterclasses.
* Participation fee required.
As the world's leading innovator of 3D graphics technology, Alias develops software for the film and video, games, web, interactive media, industrial design, automotive, architecture and visualization markets. Alias has headquarters in Toronto and a custom development center in Santa Barbara with offices worldwide. Please visit the Alias web site at www.alias.com or call 1-800-447-2542 in North America. International contact numbers include: Northern Europe, Middle East and Africa, +44 (0) 1494 441273; Germany, East & Southeast Europe, 0049 89 31 70 20; France, Spain and Portugal, +33 1 44 92 81 60; Italy, 39 039 6340011; Japan and other parts of Asia Pacific, 81 3 5797 3500 and Latin America, 770 393 1881.
Related Keywords:Alias, 3December, CG, computer graphics, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, MasterClasses, MotionBuilder,