|Page (1) of 1 - 06/15/05||email article||print page|
Algolith releases new AlgoSuite v2.0Raises the bar in format conversion and noise reduction (June 15, 2005)
Algolith, a leading provider of digital image processing software and hardware for the film, post production, and video industries, announces the release of a major update to its Algolith Plug-ins software, now renamed AlgoSuite , the format conversion and noise reduction solution AlgoSuite v2.0 is available for Adobe After Effects v6.0 and 6.5, Apple Shake v3.5 and Eyeon Digital Fusion/DFX+ v4.0.
AlgoSuite v2.0 refines and improves the following algorithms in terms of both quality and processing speed:
- The Multiple Type Noise Reducer (MTNR) deals with 3 new types of noise: film grain, speckles and additive noise. It also features an automatic mode that detects the noise type and strength.
- The three-dimensional MPEG Noise Reducer (MNR2) improves the removal of blocking and compression artifacts to clean up any DCT-based compressed image such as MPEG2 or DV.
- The Motion Adaptive Anti-Aliasing De-Interlacer (MAADI) is Algoliths 4th generation de-interlacer that produces nearly perfect progressive images from interlaced video.
- The Anti-Aliasing Processor (AAP) will improve significantly the result of progressive images generated by other de-interlacers on the market.
- The Cinetel (CINE), Telecine inverse, performs 3:2 pulldown detection and film restoration.
- The Content Adaptive Scaler (CAS) takes advantage of multiprocessor workstation.
- Adobe After Effects Standard and Professional ver 6.0 and 6.5 on Mac OS X (10.3 Panther and 10.4 Tiger) and Windows 2000/XP
- Apple Shake ver 3.5 on Mac OS X (10.3 Panther and 10.4 Tiger)
- Eyeon Digital Fusion, DFX+ and DF Render Node ver 4.0
Pricing and upgrade info
These products are offered in a variety of pricing configurations to meet your specific needs:
- AlgoSuite-Format provides high-quality conversions between SD, HD and film images can be purchased for $595 USD,
- AlgoSuite-Time provides high-quality speed changes with full animation capabilities for $495 USD (not available on Shake),
- AlgoSuite-Noise for highly effective and adaptive noise reduction to clean up artifacts and sharpen image detail on video sequence is priced $395 USD,
- AlgoSuite-Render is a render node version of all algorithms for $295 USD,
- AlgoSuite-Week offers one-week temporary licenses of all algorithms for $59 USD.
Upgrade pricing for previous version of Algolith software plug-ins can be found on our web site.
For more product information, please visit our web site at: http://www.algolith.com/index.php?id=algosuite. You can purchase our products through our resellers or through our on-line store . Contact [email protected] for additional questions or special requests.
About Algolith Inc.
Algolith offers software products for the post production market designed to augment existing Compositing and Visual Effects software. Algolith also offers Home Theater products such as the MOSQUITO, a hardware product that reduces the artifacts associated with DCT-based MPEG2 compression such as mosquito noise, gaussian noise and block artifacts in real time. Algolith's staff has accumulated years of experience and expertise in the field of image processing development and marketing of high tech products. Algolith was created in early 2003 as a spin-off of Miranda Technologies' algorithmic and Audio Visual groups. Algolith is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.
Related Keywords:Algolith, AlgoSuite, Format Conversion, Noise Reduction, After Effects, Shake, Digital Fusion