|Page (1) of 1 - 02/14/12||email article||print page|
AlgoSec Automates Management of Next-Generation Network Security InfrastructureAlgoSec Security Management Suite Introduces Support for Next-Generation Firewalls and Secure Web Gateways; Automatically Generates Topology Maps and Ensures Baseline Configuration Compliance (February 14, 2012)
ROSWELL, GA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/12 -- AlgoSec, the market leader for Network Security Policy Management, today announced version 6.2 of its award-winning Security Management Suite. The new release introduces the most comprehensive automation for managing policies of next-generation firewalls (NGFWs) and is the first solution of its kind to support secure Web gateways (SWGs). AlgoSec continues to set the bar with unrivaled automation capabilities and support for complex enterprise networks -- other notable features released today include baseline compliance analysis, network topology mapping and support for geographically distributed enterprise networks.
"Dealing with today's advanced targeted threats requires both new approaches to network security and making sure that existing network security defenses are implementing the most secure policies possible," says VP Distinguished Analyst, John Pescatore of Gartner. "Enterprises need to be sure they understand what their current network security posture is and make sure they have the agility to rapidly evaluate and implement necessary changes to security policies."
As organizations leverage both traditional and next-generation tools to combat evolving security threats, network security infrastructures are becoming increasingly complex and policies are becoming even more granular. The AlgoSec Security Management Suite, which seamlessly integrates AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer and AlgoSec FireFlow, is designed to address the challenges of managing these evolving security environments by automating policy analysis and change management, even in the most complex of networks.
New features announced today include:
- Next-Generation Firewall Support - AlgoSec introduces the industry's first solution to offer both automated policy analysis and complete change lifecycle management for Palo Alto Networks devices. AlgoSec improves IT productivity by simplifying the management of application and user aware security policies, including risk analysis, compliance reporting and change monitoring.
- Secure Web Gateway Support - AlgoSec FireFlow enhances security and business continuity by providing visibility into Blue Coat SWG policy with robust automation of the change management lifecycle, including end-user request initiation, design, review and work order generation.
- Baseline Compliance Analysis - AlgoSec enables security teams to define baseline hardware and software configurations to which devices must adhere. AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer generates a report to identify devices that do not comply with the corporate baseline, minimizing system risks.
- Network Topology Map - AlgoSec automatically generates comprehensive maps of network firewalls and routers, including all relevant interfaces, subnets and zones to deliver superior network visibility.
- SLA Management - AlgoSec measures every step of the change workflow, enabling organizations to demonstrate that they are meeting Service Level Agreements (SLAs), identifying potential bottlenecks and pinpointing change requests that require special attention.
- Geographically Distributed Architecture- Enterprises with geographically distributed sites can now integrate local AlgoSec appliances with central operations and management for holistic data collection and processing.
"Next-Generation security solutions are increasingly important for addressing new application and user-focused threat vectors, yet they introduce more granularity and complexity to the security policy," said Avishai Wool, CTO, AlgoSec. "AlgoSec addresses this complexity by providing insight into next-generation security policies alongside traditional network security devices, so that organizations have complete visibility and control over their network security infrastructure with the lowest management overhead, and highest degree of confidence, security and compliance."
In 2011, AlgoSec boasted YoY growth of 95%.
AlgoSec Security Management Suite is planned to be released for general availability on 15-March-2012. Pricing starts at $10,000.
- Hear from AlgoSec Customers
- Visit the AlgoSec blog, Playing with Fire
- Follow us on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Find us on YouTube
AlgoSec is the market leader in network security policy management. AlgoSec enables security and operations teams to intelligently automate the policy management of firewalls, routers, VPNs, proxies and related security devices, improving operational efficiency, ensuring compliance and reducing risk.
More than 800 of the world's leading enterprises, MSSPs, auditors and consultancies rely on AlgoSec Security Management Suite for unmatched automation of firewall operations, auditing and compliance, risk analysis and the security change workflow.
AlgoSec is committed to the success of every single customer, and offers the industry's only money-back guarantee.
For more information visit www.AlgoSec.com
LEWIS Pulse for AlgoSec
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: network security management, palo alto networks, next-generation firewalls, secure web gateways, NGFW, Security, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Threats, Security, Management, CTO/CIO, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Security, Appliances, Internet Technology, Business, Other,