|Page (1) of 1 - 08/15/11||email article||print page|
Airbnb Launches Host Guarantee and Suite of Tools and Features to Improve Trust and SafetyMarketplace Enhancements Include a $50,000 Guarantee, Over 40 Features and Hiring of Respected Security Firm, Command Consulting Group (August 15, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/15/11 -- Airbnb, the leading community marketplace to discover and book unique spaces from people around the world, today launched the $50,000 Airbnb Host Guarantee as a part of a suite of safety features, tools, and improvements. The Airbnb Host Guarantee is designed to reimburse hosts for up to $50,000 in damage to their property as a result of theft or vandalism by Airbnb guests who book the host's accommodations through the company's website. The company also announced that it has engaged the Command Consulting Group, the nationally recognized security firm, to help Airbnb enhance the safety and security of its platform and service.
"There is nothing more important to us than the trust of our community. With the Airbnb Host Guarantee and this new suite of over 40 features, we are renewing our commitment to earning their trust," said Brian Chesky, co-founder and CEO of Airbnb. "Renting out one's home is incredibly personal, and the Airbnb Guarantee provides hosts with built-in protection to give them peace of mind."
In addition to the launch of the Airbnb Host Guarantee, Airbnb today announced that it has retained internationally recognized security and risk management expert, and former White House CIO, Theresa Payton of the Command Consulting Group. Ms. Payton will review Airbnb's current security measures and make recommendations on additional ways the company can enhance the safety and security of its service. The Command Consulting Group will act as an extension of the Airbnb team to ensure immediate, professional response in the event of any future incident concerning the security of the Airbnb community.
"Airbnb's recent development efforts are a substantial demonstration of its commitment to the community's security," said Theresa Payton, former White House CIO and Director of Cybersecurity Programs at Command Consulting Group. "As we look forward, we are excited for the opportunity to partner with Airbnb to build additional online protections and work toward providing the safest marketplace in the vacation rental industry."
Following several months of steady development, Airbnb has released the following suite of tools, features, and improvements to empower hosts and guests alike to use Airbnb safely:
- Trust & Safety Center details new features, tools, safety tips, FAQs, and a suggestion page where users can submit and vote on new feature suggestions
- 24-hour emergency hotline, along with a revamped help center, for any Airbnb user to reach us when they need help
- Redesigned Profiles to provide more information, including a Verification Dashboard, Social Connections, Reviews, References, and the capacity to record and share a video profile
- Verification Dashboard on each user profile highlights whether they have confirmed their phone number, mailing addresses, and links to social profiles on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Connections to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter build confidence between hosts and guest by establishing extra links to social and professional profiles
- Airbnb Voice Connect enables hosts to call guests through the Airbnb system prior to accepting a reservation
- References help people new to Airbnb start building their reputation
- Photobooth enables users to take up-to-date profile photos within Airbnb using a webcam
- Airbnb has hired Director of Customer Support Monroe Labouisse, who today joins Airbnb after 10 years at eBay where he managed consumer protection programs for eBay and PayPal
A complete list of these features along with details can be found in the Trust & Safety Center (www.airbnb.com/safety). The company will continue to pursue enhancements designed to bring the Airbnb community additional peace of mind while using the Airbnb service.
The Airbnb Host Guarantee is effective today, August 15, and subject to terms and conditions, provides for payment to Hosts for damages to the tangible property of a host caused by the theft or vandalism of a guest who booked the host's accommodation through Airbnb up to a maximum in any consecutive twelve-month period of US$50,000. The Guarantee will also apply retroactively to any hosts who may have reported such property damage prior to August 15, 2011. The Airbnb Host Guarantee terms and conditions can be found at: www.airbnb.com/terms.
Founded in August 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique spaces around the world online or from an iPhone device. Airbnb is the easiest way for people to showcase their distinctive spaces to an audience of millions whether the available space is a castle for a night, a sailboat for a week, or an apartment for a month. Airbnb makes the process of listing or booking a space effortless and efficient. With listings in more than 17,000 cities and 190 countries, Airbnb offers the widest variety of unique spaces for everyone, at any price point, around the globe.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Airbnb, Marketwire, Apple Computer,