|Page (1) of 1 - 08/23/02||email article||print page|
Adobe Updates Photoshop to 7.0.1New version gets bug fixes, performance improvements
All of the fixes in 7.0.1 can be categorized as relatively minor, including a few performance enhancements, bug fixes and changes that bring certain functionality back in line with previous versions. Changes include:
- Type layers are no longer rasterized unnecessarily.
- Incorporates a previous release of the fix for the Targa file format module, which saves alpha channels the same way previous releases did.
- Enhanced File Browser performance.
- A fix to color management policies that no longer asks users to save newly opened documents unless edits have been made.
- Total ink now defaults to 300 percent.
- Fix for JPEGs saved in the CMYK color space.
- Fix for TIFF files with LZW compression.
- Picture Package no longer locks up when using custom page layouts.
- Better compatibility with older Macintosh G4 machines.
- Fixed a problem that occurred when using Photoshop on a hard drive that contained extended characters in its name.
- Metadata is better preserved in certain JPEG files.
- Now defaults to the last saved directory when saving new files.
- Changing monitor configurations no longer causes problems while Photoshop or Adobe ImageReady are running.
- Fix for working with certain large 16-bit images.
- Fix for a layer style problem that occurred when editing styles from PS 6 in PS 7.
Other fixes are also incorporated into the release. The Photoshop 7.0.1 update is free for users of version 7.0. It can be found at http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/new.jsp.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Adobe Updates Photoshop to 7.0.1 New version gets bug fixes, performance improvements
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved