|Page (1) of 1 - 04/23/12||email article||print page|
Acorn Paper Products Company Adopts Oracle Fusion CRM and Completes Upgrade to Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.2Upgrade and Addition of Oracle Fusion CRM Will Help Improve Visibility, Increase Sales Productivity and Revenue (April 23, 2012)
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 04/23/12 -- COLLABORATE 12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Acorn Paper Products Company, one of the largest independent packaging and janitorial supply companies in the western United States, has completed its upgrade to Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.2 from Oracle E-Business Suite 11.0.3, and has selected Oracle Fusion CRM to help improve sales team visibility, collaboration and productivity and drive increased revenue opportunities.
- Acorn includes a manufacturing division that processes more than 150 million square feet of corrugated paper every month, a wholesale division serving about 600 customers nationwide, and a creative services division that designs packaging and corrugated displays.
- Maintaining inventory of more than 1,600 different corrugated boxes, more than any other company in the U.S., Acorn fills 500 orders a day with 98 percent of these orders filled in 24 hours or less.
- Even though Acorn is a longtime Oracle customer since 2000, the organization's huge growth and new business and technology goals for productivity, insight and efficiency now required a dramatic shift from Oracle E-Business Suite 11.0.3 to the innovation, power and capabilities available in Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.2. and Oracle Fusion CRM.
- With an upgrade to multinode x86 hardware running, Oracle Linux, Oracle Database 11g, and Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.2, Acorn now supports a new Oracle iStore-powered Internet storefront, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g to help management understand and respond to changes in the business environment and Oracle Application Express for Web-based application development.
- Throughout the deployment and evaluation of its business and technology needs, it became apparent to Acorn that Oracle Fusion CRM and its ease of integration with Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.2 would simultaneously answer many of its CRM issues with proven results to manage orders, prospects, customers and the company's sales pipelines.
- Part of Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle Fusion CRM delivers a social collaboration environment, seamless Microsoft Outlook integration, mobility features and activity streams that are vital to boosting sales results.
- Acorn plans to use Oracle Fusion CRM to enhance visibility of sales performance with real-time sales analytics tools designed for rapid decision making and problem solving, allowing the company to monitor and correct issues accordingly.
- The critical CRM functionalities within Oracle Fusion CRM are also expected to provide untapped insight into Acorn's available inventory, product pricing, customers' purchasing history and sales trends for further business value, efficiency and revenue growth.
- Acorn plans to go-live with Oracle Fusion CRM in June of 2012.
- "Acorn Paper Products Company has been an Oracle customer for well over a decade, and I believe that Oracle has given us a real competitive advantage," said David Weissberg, CEO, Acorn Paper Products Company. "Still, our system was behind the times and our sales program was presented with some challenges that I wanted to address. For these reasons, we chose to upgrade to Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.2, where we experienced a seamless transition with zero downtime and our bottom line has consistently improved each month since going live with the system. We also discovered how Oracle Fusion CRM, combined with our ERP, can create incredible insight, and is now a key and strategic part of our path to future growth."
- "Every organization reaches a point where it needs to evaluate how its technology is keeping up with its business, and Acorn Paper Products Company is an exceptional example of this," said Cliff Godwin, Senior Vice President, Oracle Applications. "Acorn's upgrade to Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.2 is already delivering outstanding ROI and efficiencies across the board. Recognizing the intrinsic need for CRM coupled with ERP, Acorn's deployment of Oracle Fusion CRM will help its field teams, manufacturing and executives to create an even more powerful sales organization."
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.2
- Oracle Fusion CRM
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- Oracle Linux
- Oracle Database 11g
- Oracle iStore
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g
- Oracle Application Express
Oracle CRM on Social Media
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: customer, customers, business benefits, partners, Oracle, snapshot, video, roi, press release, Manufacturing, Sales, Applications, Manufacturing/Production, CRM - Customer Relationship Management, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, Productivity Applications, Database, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Other Applications, Other, Business Intelligence, Internet Server Applications, IT Management, Displays, Management, Sales, CEO/CFO, Sales, Internet/Web, Display, Business, Internet, luggage/packaging, Unix, Linux, USA, Marketwire, , Internet Technology, Business, Internet, Other,