|Page (1) of 1 - 11/08/11||email article||print page|
Acer Named CES Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering Award Honoree for Featherweight Ultrabook and Slim AIOAspire S3 Ultrabook Powers On Instantly and Provides up to 50 Days of Stand-By Time; Aspire Z7871 Sets a New Standard in All-in-One PC Design (November 08, 2011)
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/08/11 -- Acer today announced that its Aspire S3-951 ultrabook and Aspire Z7871 all-in-one desktop were named International CES Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering Award Honorees. Products were judged by an influential panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media to recognize outstanding design and engineering in consumer electronics products across 32 product categories.
The Best of Innovations distinction is awarded to the products with the highest judges' scores. The Innovations Design and Engineering Awards are sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, the producer of the International CES, the world's largest consumer technology tradeshow. This organization has been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976.
"We're honored that Acer's new ultrabook and all-in-one desktop have earned prestigious CES Innovation awards," said Sumit Agnihotry, vice president of product marketing, Acer America. "We are excited to be at the forefront of a rapidly evolving industry that is bringing numerous new technology and form factors to market. Our slender but powerful ultrabook offers instant computing, while our Z7871 AIO sets a new benchmark in the PC and TV industry for aesthetics."
The slim and light Aspire S3-951 ultrabook with 13.3-inch display provides up to 50 days(1) of stand-by time or six hours of continuous usage.(2) Featuring Acer Green Instant On, it lets users resume their computing session in less than two seconds(3). In addition, Acer Instant Connect gets them on the Internet in just 2.5 seconds(4) -- four times faster than conventional connections. A mere .51 inches thin and weighing a scant 2.98 pounds(5), the Aspire S3's aluminum/magnesium chassis delivers strength in a lightweight design. Outfitted with an Intel® Core i5 Processor, 20GB(6,7) solid state drive and roomy 320GB(6) hard drive, it delivers as much performance and storage capacity as much larger, full-size notebooks.
The Acer Aspire Z7871 design is a user-friendly all-in-one with an extremely slim and clean design that creates a dramatic floating illusion. It's a simply elegant system with a half transparent enclosure that accommodates the hard drive, Blu-ray player and screen into a single 1.5-inch slim, picture-perfect package. Equipped with the latest technology such as near field communication (NFC), a wireless display as well as wireless and USB charging even while the system is turned off, the Aspire Z7871 offers an entirely new all-in-one PC and TV experience.
The Innovations entries are judged based on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
- Aesthetic and design qualities
- The product's intended use/function and user value
- Unique/novel features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace
Products chosen as an Innovations honoree reflect innovative design and engineering of the entries. Examples may include the first time various technologies are combined in a single product or dramatic enhancements to previous product designs.
Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering honoree products are featured on www.CESweb.org/Innovations, which lists product categories, as well as each product name, manufacturer information, designer, description, photo and URL.
Since its founding in 1976, Acer has achieved the goal of breaking the barriers between people and technology. Globally, Acer ranks No. 2 for total PCs and notebooks(8). A profitable and sustainable Channel Business Model is instrumental to the company's continuing growth, while its multi-brand approach effectively integrates Acer, Gateway, Packard Bell, and eMachines brands in worldwide markets. Acer strives to design environmentally friendly products and establish a green supply chain through collaboration with suppliers. Acer is proud to be a Worldwide Partner of the Olympic Movement, including the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games and London 2012 Olympic Games. The Acer Group employs 8,000 people worldwide. Revenues for 2010 reached US$19.9 billion. See www.acer-group.com for more information.
© 2011 Acer America Corp. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners. All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available through all sales channels.
1) The notebook enters Deep Sleep after an inactive period set by the user. In this mode, battery life lasts up to 50 days when battery is fully charged.
2) The listed battery life is based on MobileMark 2007® productivity mode testing with wireless on. Details on MobileMark2007® testing are available at www.bapco.com. Battery life rating is for comparison purposes only. Actual battery life varies by model, configuration, applications, power management settings, operating conditions, and utilized features. A battery's maximum capacity decreases with time and use.
3) Time based on testing with the following applications open: Internet Explorer® 9 (Internet search and email web pages), PowerPoint® viewer (file size 68 MB) and Excel® (file size 108 MB) of Microsoft® Office® 2010 Starter, and logged in to Windows Live® Messenger 2011. The time needed to resume your computing session may vary depending on the applications open.
4) With previously used Access Points.
5) Depending on configuration.
6) Accessible capacity varies: MB = 1 million bytes; GB = 1 billion bytes
7) The SSD is integrated with the mainboard and dedicated to Acer Green Instant On. It is not visible in file explorers.
8) Source: Gartner data, FY2010
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Acer America, Computers/Peripherals, Displays, Internet, Notebook/Laptop, WiFi/Wireless, USB, Blu-ray/HD DVD, Computers/Home Office, DVD, Web, Notebooks, Hard Drives & Storage, DVD Media, DVD Player, Search, Applications, EMail, Consumer Electronics, Internet/Web, Display, Prosumer/Consumer, Business, Internet, Web, Email, Search, Blu-ray/HD DVD, Consumer Electronics, DVD Hardware, Marketing, Consumer Technology, Consumer Electronics, Storage, email, Marketwire, Inc., , CES Attendees, Television, Consumer Electronics, Internet Technology, Business, Internet, Email, Other,