|Page (1) of 1 - 08/25/11||email article||print page|
Access Twitter on iPhone, BlackBerry and Android With UberSocialUberMedia Revamps Twidroyd App as UberSocial for Android (August 25, 2011)
PASADENA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/25/11 -- When Android users update their Twidroyd mobile Twitter app today, they will see a new app in its place: UberSocial for Android. UberSocial amplifies the value of Twitter by offering more personal control over its features and providing curated content to personalize the tweet stream.
With UberSocial now available on the Android operating system, the industry-leading features and functionality of UberSocial are now available on three major mobile platforms: iPhone, BlackBerry and Android. UberSocial has developed a reputation for innovation in the social media app market, continually responding to requests from users for new features as their needs evolve with experience.
From the easy interface that streamlines Twitter interaction to the custom channels with content aligned to user-indicated interests, Twidroyd's core features are part of the UberSocial app for Android. Aside from UberSocial branding and layout, Twidroyd users will not experience a drastic change. For die-hard Twidroyd users, UberSocial will offer a Twidroyd theme that maintains the Twidroyd design.
- UberMedia's mobile Twitter application Twidroyd is now UberSocial for Android.
- UberSocial Key Features:
- LivePreview - view linked Web pages, videos, photos, even interactive games right alongside a tweet without leaving the UberSocial app
- Mute-A-User - hide certain users' tweets from your timeline for a specified time frame without blocking them completely
- TweetShrink - keep it short with TweetShrink, which shrinks your tweets using informal abbreviations
- Twitlonger - write what you need to, regardless of the 140 character-limit; like twitpic for text, Twitlonger posts a link to what you said
- UberChannels - get the latest news on a wide range of topics from the most influential Twitter users, without having to seek them out and follow them
- Following the company's mission to offer apps that organize, simplify and amplify your social stream, UberSocial for Android allows you to access Twitter via UberSocial from any Android-enabled device.
UberMedia Founder & CEO Bill Gross: "With the introduction of UberSocial for Android, UberMedia fulfills one of our central goals: to simplify the social stream for our users. By retiring Twidroyd and establishing UberSocial across leading mobile platforms, we are unifying access to Twitter regardless of operating system."
UberMedia COO Jon Kraft: "Now available via iPhone, BlackBerry and Android points of access to Twitter, UberSocial is an intuitive app that sets the standard for rich functionality. The user experience is seamless, allowing the sometimes chaotic feed of tweets a heightened level of organization."
UberMedia (www.ubermedia.com) is the leading independent developer of applications and web-based services that make it easier for users to find, follow and communicate with others on Twitter and other social media platforms. UberMedia applications include UberSocial (formerly UberTwitter) and Echofon, leading Twitter apps on the Android, BlackBerry and iPhone platforms. UberMedia is headquartered at Idealab (www.idealab.com) in Pasadena, Calif.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1711397
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1711399
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: UberSocial, Twitter, UberMedia, Android, mobile, Bill Gross, app, mobile application, Twidroyd , Marketwire,Apple Computer,Internet Technology,Other,