|Page (1) of 1 - 07/16/01||email article||print page|
Abvent Releases Modeler for ArchiCADGDL modeler uses Zoom modeling engine
Zoom GDL is designed to bring GDL to novice object creators, according to the company, as well as expand the toolset for expert users. With design tools like extrusion, piping and curved surfaces, Zoom GDL can be used to create a wide range of architectural features, such as free-shape roofs, tensile structures, elaborate windows, decorative architectural components and soft furniture.
Features of Zoom GDL include:
- Precision 3D solid and surface modeling;
- An interface similar to ArchiCAD's to cut down the learning curve;
- Full compatibility with ArchiCAD, including the ability to pre-define GDL parameters and save GDL objects directly in the ArchiCAD library;
- Automatic creation of the GDL script, which is editable in ArchiCAD;
- Parametric GDL objects created by Zoom GDL can be further modified and manipulated when integrated in the ArchiCAD model;
- Hot spots can be pre-defined in 3D space and are retrievable in ArchiCAD.
Zoom GDL is available for Macintosh and Windows and is compatible with ArchiCAD 6.5 and 7.0. On the Mac, it requires QuickTime 4, 64 MB RAM, a G3 processor or better, Mac OS 8.1 and 200 MB disk space. On Windows, it requires a Pentium II and Windows 95 or higher. For more information, visit http://www.abvent.com.
Related Keywords:cad, modeling, archicad, gdl