|Page (1) of 1 - 04/11/11||email article||print page|
ASSIMILATE Unveils Next Generation of SCRATCH Data-CentricDI Suite On Mac OS X & Windows 7 at NAB 2011SCRATCH state-of-the-art toolset raises the creative bar, while new price tag lowers the barrier to entry (April 11, 2011)
ASSIMILATE (www.assimilateinc.com), the leading provider of powerful post-production tools for digital workflows, today announced that it is launching version 6 of SCRATCH, its best-selling comprehensive, end-to-end digital cinema and broadcast imaging tool for post-production workflows.
Available on Mac OS(r) X and Windows 7, SCRATCH(r) v6, is ideal for independent and documentary filmmakers, episodic broadcast facilities, and boutique post-production houses. This new generation version offers a number of significant updates, including a multilayer timeline for tighter integration with editorial systems, advanced tracking and keying technology for color grading and VFX workflows, enhanced 3D stereo capabilities, and support for the widest range of input/output formats in the industry.
Reflecting market demand for maximum price-performance, SCRATCH is now priced at $17,995 USD. SCRATCH is paired in the product line with SCRATCH Lab(tm), the industry's first Digital Lab tool specifically designed to meet the unique requirements of on-set and VFX dailies ecosystems.
"Now available on both Windows and Mac at the same price, SCRATCH delivers the industry's most comprehensive DI toolset for data-centric digital cinema and broadcast productions," said Steve Bannerman, ASSIMILATE VP of marketing. Version 6 ushers in the next generation of SCRATCH, featuring state-of-the-art tracking and keying, a multilayer timeline, and support for the widest range of camera formats in the industry. SCRATCH 6 delivers the tools that raise the creative bar for filmmakers and editors, but at a price tag that lowers the barrier to entry."
SCRATCH's new compositing, color grading and paint features include:
* Advanced tracking and keying: SCRATCH Color delivers greater control over your grades than every before. New, state-of-the art tracking technology combines the accuracy of a point tracker with the ease of use of a shape tracker. Multiple keyers with fine controls, offer artists unlimited creative options to tackle the most sophisticated grades.
* Vector paint tools for non-destructive painting: Paint set-ups can be saved and re-applied on different images, enabling versioning.
* Color panels: Support for Avid's new Artist Color, and Tangent Wave and CP 200 control panels with 150 mapable functions for auxiliary control surfaces.
SCRATCH's enhanced 3D Stereo features include:
* Autobalance - to balance the grade of one eye to the other
* Bicubic controls - high-accuracy controls for fixing lens differences and
distortions to assist in making left and right eyes identical
SCRATCH's extended input/output formats include:
* Multilayer timeline support - automatically reproduces multilayer timelines from EDLs, saving huge amounts of time
* Widest range of input formats, including 5K RED Epic, ARRIRAW, Phantom, SI-2K, Panasonic & DSLR camera formats, output to DPX, MXF, DNxHD, TIFF
* AAF and FCPXML import - allows multi-track timelines to be exported and rebuilt, with metadata-rich descriptors, such as Rec in/out, layer, reel ID, Source in/out, transition parameters, flip/flops and DVE moves
Sascha Haber, senior colorist/optical supervisor, Ghost, Copenhagen: "SCRATCH provides the basis for a modern, flexible business model. Lower-cost systems like the new version of SCRATCH means we can continue to deliver the same high-levels of service that producers can get from major VFX and DI vendors, but we can be even more competitive on costs."
Allison Turrell, executive producer at Stuck On On, Austin, Texas: "ASSIMILATE continually improves SCRATCH, so we know we can stay ahead of the technology curve, and grow and evolve as the industry changes. Every single project is unique - with different people, editing styles, VFX and workflows every time. As a facility we're dealing with a moving target, so you have to offer a holistic, cost-effective solution to deal with each project in the best possible way, and the new SCRATCH fits the bill."
SCRATCH v6 Pricing and Availability
ASSIMILATE is advancing its position of price-performance leadership, with SCRATCH v6 for Mac and Windows at $17,995 USD. SCRATCH V6 ships during Q2 2011.
SCRATCH Lab Pricing & Availability
ASSIMILATE is advancing its position of price-performance leadership, with SCRATCH Lab for Mac and Windows at $4,995 USD, and will ship in Q2 2011.
ASSIMILATE is the premier provider of digital workflow and post-production tools, that have proven essential to the successful creation of thousands of studio and independent features, television shows, music videos and corporate video productions. The company's products, running on Windows and Mac OS(r) X, are the heartbeat of today's most demanding digital post-production and dailies workflows for 2D and stereo 3D productions. They equip directors, DPs and artists with state-of-the-art, intuitive, data-centric solutions they need to meet the continual challenges of increased creativity and productivity amid ever-shrinking budgets. ASSIMILATE's SCRATCH(r) data-centric DI system, is the most comprehensive, end-to-end cinema and broadcast imaging tool for playback, conform, editing, color grading, compositing and finishing of RED and other digital workflows. SCRATCH Lab(tm) delivers a comprehensive toolset for the review, versioning, color correction, conform and output of on-set or VFX dailies. ASSIMILATE a privately held company, with headquarters in Santa Clara, California, USA, offices in London, UK, Groningen, NL and Beijing City, CN and markets its products worldwide via a global reseller network. To learn more please visit www.assimilateinc.com.
Related Keywords:assimilate, scratch, 3D, IBC, digital intermediates, di, color correction, digital cinema, , RED MX, RED MX-3D, ARRIRAW, DPX, AVID MXF, film, HD/SD, NAB, QLAB Mumbai's, Shesh Adivi's, Karma