|Page (1) of 1 - 11/18/10||email article||print page|
ASSIMILATE Announces The Availability of SCRATCH 5.2NEW 5.2 VERSION ENABLES INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY AND CREATIVITY FOR POST-PRODUCTION ARTISTS (November 18, 2010)
ASSIMILATE, a leading provider of powerful post-production tools for digital workflows, announced today the immediate availability of SCRATCH(r) 5.2, the industry's most comprehensive digital cinema and broadcast imaging tool for dailies, conforming, color grading and finishing. SCRATCH 5.2 offers new features that allow post-production artists to boost their creativity and productivity in both the grading and finishing of complex projects as well as the dailies workflow.
New 5.2 Features for Finishing
IMPROVED STEREO 3D-SPECIFIC FEATURES:
- AN S-Lock feature that allows artists to keep a left eye/right eye dual-view configuration, while interactively selecting which stream to grade, sync or visually manipulate. This unique feature brings a far more intuitive approach to stereoscopic color grading.
- Convergence, scaling, and versioning that enable a streamlined, highly efficient 3D pipeline.
- Supported output to any one of the available stereo patterns: side by side, over/under, line interleave, checkerboard, or anaglyph. This enables post-production facilities to be more competitive by offering a broader range of output options to their clients.
- A Consolidate function that seamlessly archives only the conformed media elements of a project into a centralized directory, even when the original files exist in different locations across a network. This function not only saves time when retrieving archived project elements, but dramatically lowers storage hardware costs.
NEW 5.2 FEATURES FOR DAILIES PRODUCTION AND VIEWING
- New additions for RED-based productions allow directors, dps, and post artists virtually unlimited creativity and flexibility in the dailies process. These features include:
- Association of metadata based on shots rather than tracks
- Ability to easily update R3D settings across multiple clips at once
- Support for the redlogfilm Gamma.
- Support for auto-sync of Broadcast Wave files (including calculation of slip values) to significantly improve the efficiency of the dailies workflow.
|Image for "Rabbit Hole", starring Nicole Kidman, courtesy of Lionsgate and Offhollywood NY; SCRATCH color grading and finishing|
John "Pliny" Eremic, partner, chief operating officer and director of post production at Offhollywood (NYC) - "We rely exclusively on SCRATCH to grade finish feature films like "The Rabbit Hole" and "Fair Game". SCRATCH is the only system we've used that gives us the benefits of real-time performance up to 4K resolution, best in class color grading, and powerful 3D stereo features. We're excited about SCRATCH 5.2 because features such as the Consolidate function and Broadcast Wave syncing have the potential to really streamline our workflow, increase our productivity and save us significant money In hardware."
"SCRATCH 5.2 is keenly focused on the critical and ongoing trade-offs our customers make between time, project quality, and budgets," said Steve Bannerman, VP of marketing at ASSIMILATE. "By significantly streamlining workflows and enabling increased productivity, SCRATCH allows artists and post-production facilities to be more creative and competitive in today's challenging landscape of shrinking budgets and rising customer expectations."
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
SCRATCH 5.2 is available immediately. Current SCRATCH users with maintenance contracts can upgrade their SCRATCH system by visiting Software download and licensing information:
For a demo, pricing, and configurations of SCRATCH V5.2, contact your local SCRATCH reseller. For a list of contacts for ASSIMILATE direct sales and resellers, see WWW.ASSIMILATEINC.COM.
SCRATCH is the industry's most comprehensive, high-performance digital cinema and broadcast imaging tool for dailies, conforming, color grading and finishing. Resolution independent, SCRATCH supports native RED 4K, RED MX, RED MX-3D, and ARRI ALEXA, as well as 3D, HD/SD, DPX, AVID MXF, film, or any mix of formats. The SCRATCH 5.2 robust core feature set includes data management, review/playback, conform/editorial, dailies, color grading, compositing, finishing, and final mastering to virtually any format, including DCP.
ASSIMILATE, a leading force in developing digital cinema technologies, is transforming the post production of complex imagery projects with its SCRATCH(r) data workflow and DI tool suite. ASSIMILATE is committed to empowering the broad spectrum of creative and post-production professionals with state-of-the-art, intuitive, data-centric solutions that enable increased productivity and deliver optimal price/performance. Along with data management, SCRATCH features a robust set of DI and post tools for working in any combination of native RED 4K, RED MX and beyond, RED MX-3D, ALEXA ARRIRAW, as well as 3D, HD/SD, film, DPX, and AVID MXF. To learn more about SCRATCH, see WWW.ASSIMILATEINC.COM
Related Keywords:assimilate, scratch 5.2, DI, digital intermediates, post production, assimlate, SCRATCH Digital Finishing Solution, Sinefekt, Kodak Imagecare-accredited film lab, telecine, online editing, VFX, CG animation