|Page (1) of 1 - 10/02/01||email article||print page|
AMS Neve’s New Technology, 24bit / 96kHz I/O SuiteQuad Microphone Amplifier First Module to be Released (October 02, 2001)
Each compact 4U MIOS rack houses up to 6 hot-pluggable modules selected from a range which supports a variety of analog and digital I/O formats, and connects these to the console using MADI, the industry standard multi-channel audio connection. Silent, natural cooling is used and dual redundant supplies are incorporated, removable from the front of the rack.
The racks themselves are loaded with features:
* a choice of dual-fiber or dual-co-ax MADI connections. The dual connection allows redundant connection in outside broadcast environments, easy routing to two consoles, or the daisy-chaining of racks on one console MADI port
* four built-in DAC converters in addition to any DAC modules that may be fitted - for talkback, foldback or studio speakers
* 8 GPI circuits are also built in (relays and opto-isolators used for general purpose signalling such as talkback control or cue lamps)
* a front panel headphone socket that can be switched to monitor any of the rack inputs, ideal for checking that mic and ADC channels are working without having to go back to the console
* the intelligent rack provides control and displays such that module parameters, such as mic amp gain, can be controlled from both the front panel of the rack and from the AMS Neve DFC or Libra console
* as part of AMS Neves WorkFlow initiative, bi-directional, intelligent integration enables confirmation on the rack of which channel on the console each input is connected to.
The first MIOS 96 module released is a Quad Microphone Amplifier. This new design is based on the classic Neve mic input stage, coupled with precision 24 bit, 96kHz conversion circuitry. Each mic amp can switch between two microphone and one line level input and includes a remotely switchable analog limiter and a high-pass filter that can help control difficult sources before the digital conversion.
Other modules due for release this year include line level ADC and DAC modules, each with 16 channels of I/O and an AES/EBU module with 8 dual channels of SRC (sample rate converter) input and 8 of output. Broadcasters will also appreciate the dual redundant power supplies. MIOS is part of the new definitive I/O suite from AMS Neve employing the freshest of technology.
Related Keywords:New Technology, AMS Neve, Quad Microphone Amplifier, MIOS 96, audio, MADI, dual connection
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved