|Page (1) of 1 - 01/30/12||email article||print page|
AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7950 Graphics Added to Arsenal of Next Generation GraphicsThe AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7950 GPU Delivers Excellence in Performance, Graphics Core Next, and AMD ZeroCore Power to an Even Wider Range of Gamers (January 30, 2012)
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/12 -- AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced worldwide availability of the AMD Radeon HD 7950 graphics card for desktop computers. This launch brings to market the second graphics card based on the cutting-edge 28nm process technology first introduced with the AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphics card -- recognized for its excellence in performance with over 150 awards from technology media the world over. Delivering over 2.8 TFLOPs of compute power and up to 2x the performance(1) when two AMD Radeon HD 7950s are combined with AMD CrossFire technology(2), AMD Radeon HD 7900 series graphics cards are intended for gamers who never settle. AMD Radeon HD 7950 graphics cards are available from retailers worldwide, with select models starting at USD$449 SEP.
"With the arrival of the AMD Radeon HD 7950, AMD has set the bar exceedingly high for 28nm graphics technology and performance," said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, GPU Division, AMD. "From the wraparound immersion made possible by AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology and the AMD HD3D technology stereo 3D experience, to the incredible realism of today's DirectX® 11 capable games, we're delivering an unrivaled experience for gamers. The AMD Radeon HD 7900 series products are in a class of their own."
Equipped with AMD Graphics Core Next Architecture and the latest AMD PowerTune and AMD ZeroCore Power technologies, the AMD Radeon HD 7950 GPU further extends the groundbreaking engineering AMD debuted in December 2011 with the AMD Radeon HD 7970 GPU. What's more, it delivers on the promise of DirectX® 11 gaming with superior visuals and outrageous performance, as well as featuring PCI Express 3.0, AMD CrossFire technology and the AMD HD3D technology ecosystem.
The AMD Radeon HD 7950 GPU is available worldwide from add-in-board partners including Sapphire, TUL, HIS, XFX, ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI, and available via retailers and e-tailers worldwide.
- Product page: Learn more about the AMD Radeon HD 7950 GPU
- Where to Purchase: Amazon, Cyberpower PC, iBuypower, Newegg, and NCIX.
- Twitter: Follow AMD graphics news on Twitter at @AMDRadeon
- Learn more about GCN Architecture
- Learn more about AMD PowerTune technology
- Facebook: Become a fan of AMD technology on Facebook
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
(1) Tests conducted in AMD performance labs measuring frames per second while playing Shogun at a resolution of 2560x1600 with 4xMSAA/16xAF, the single GPU scored 18.9529 fps while in Dual CrossFire technology mode scored 37.908 fps.Benchmark configuration: Intel® Core i7-3960X (3.3GHz), MSI X79A-GD65, 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600 and Microsoft® Windows® 7 x64. AMD Radeon HD 7950 evaluated using press driver version 8.921.2. NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 580 evaluated using NVIDIA ForceWare 290.53 BETA.
(2) AMD CrossFireX technology requires an AMD CrossFireX Ready motherboard, an AMD CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect (for each additional graphics card) and may require a specialized power supply.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: AMD, CPU, Bulldozer, Zambezi, FX, Scorpius, Desktop, Processors, Chipsets, Overclocking, Computers/Peripherals, Graphics Card, Workstation/CPU, Anim, Workstation/CPU, Marketwire, , Game Technology, Gamers,