|Page (1) of 1 - 03/04/12||email article||print page|
AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7800 Series Graphics Sets Pace for Graphics IndustryBringing to Market Its Third Series of Graphics Cards Based on Its New GCN Architecture (March 04, 2012)
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/05/12 -- AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the sleek new additions to its award-winning 28nm GPU line up, the AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition and AMD Radeon HD 7850 graphics cards. Featuring AMD's cutting-edge Graphics Core Next Architecture (GCN) for spectacular performance and efficiency, the AMD Radeon HD 7800 series comes equipped with PCI Express® 3.0 and the incredibly efficient AMD ZeroCore Power technology.(1,3,4) Gamers can dive right in, crank up the settings and expand their gaming with AMD Eyefinity 2.0 technology thanks to the world's most advanced graphics.(2) The AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition and AMD Radeon HD 7850 GPUs comes equipped with 2GBs of GDDR5 memory and will be available worldwide from add-in-board partners like ASUS, Club 3D, Diamond, Gigabyte, HIS, MSI, Powercolor, Sapphire, VisionTek and XFX via retailers and e-tailers, with select models starting at USD$249 SEP.
"Engineered for supremacy, designed for efficiency and packed with incredible features, the AMD Radeon HD 7800 series offers more than the just world's most advanced graphics: it offers the incredible performance every gamer deserves," said Matt Skynner corporate vice president and general manager, GPU Division, AMD. "AMD continues to lead the industry in desktop graphics innovation with unrivalled computing and unequalled technologies like our game-changing GCN Architecture."
With continued demand for increased graphics horsepower to support more visually intensive games, the AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series is set to power the next generation of games and applications. And for those looking to upgrade to a next-generation graphics card, the AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series is the ideal choice.
"AMD has launched its full suite of next-generation graphics cards in very short order," said Robert E. Bellack, CEO, Newegg North America. "With the launch of the AMD Radeon HD 7800 series, we'll now be able to offer our customers AMD's full range of 28nm graphics cards, giving them the edge they need when gaming. We're proud to work with AMD on getting these cards to market."
The AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series raises the graphics bar by providing gamers an arsenal of tools like AMD PowerTune, AMD Eyefinity 2.0 and AMD CrossFire technologies, and 2GBs of GDDR5 memory that empowers them to enjoy the latest games and applications on the market.(2,3,5)
"The AMD Radeon HD 7800 series is designed to perform for serious gamers," said Chance Lyon, Zombie Studios. "'Blacklight Retribution' is set to be one of the most visually impressive games of 2012 and AMD's commitment to pushing the boundaries of graphics technology with its Graphics Core Next Architecture means players will have an optimized 'Blacklight' gaming experience when they plug in an AMD Radeon HD 7800 graphics card."
- Learn more about the AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series GPUs
- Where to Purchase: Amazon, Cyberpower PC, iBuypower, Newegg, NCIX, and TigerDirect
- Learn more about GCN Architecture
- Learn more about AMD PowerTune technology
- Follow AMD graphics news on Twitter at @AMDRadeon
- Become a fan of AMD technology on Facebook
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD Opteron, Radeon and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) The GCN Architecture and its associated features (PCI Express® 3.0, AMD ZeroCore Power technology, DDM Audio, and 28nm production) are exclusive to the AMD Radeon HD 7900, HD 7700 and HD 7800 Series Graphics.
(2) AMD Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort connectors, and/or DisplayPort compliant active adapters to convert your monitor's native input to your card's DisplayPort or Mini-DisplayPort connector(s), are required. Support for five simultaneous displays may require complementary products compatible with DisplayPort 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport. Maximum number of configured displays may vary -- check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies. SLS ("Single Large Surface") functionality requires an identical display resolution on all configured displays.
(3) AMD PowerPlay, AMD PowerTune and AMD ZeroCore Power are technologies offered by certain AMD Radeon products, which are designed to intelligently manage GPU power consumption in response to certain GPU load conditions. Not all products feature all technologies -- check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities.
(4) Utilization of PCI Express 3.0 bandwidth requires a mainboard equipped with a PCI Express 3.0 PHY. Not all mainboards feature this technology -- check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities.
(5) AMD CrossFire technology requires an AMD CrossFire Ready motherboard, an AMD CrossFire Bridge Interconnect (for each additional graphics card) and may require a specialized power supply.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: AMD, CPU, Bulldozer, Zambezi, FX, Scorpius, Desktop, Processors, Chipsets, Overclocking, Display,Anim,Workstation/CPU,Marketwire, Inc., ,Game Technology,Gamers,Other,