|Page (1) of 1 - 05/01/11||email article||print page|
AMD Delivers First Embedded GPU Offering Support for OpenCL(TM) and Six Independent DisplaysAMD Radeon(TM) E6760 GPU Brings the Latest Desktop Graphics Performance and Features to the Medical, Casino Gaming, Defense and Aerospace Markets (May 01, 2011)
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/02/11 -- Today at Embedded Systems Conference Silicon Valley 2011, AMD (NYSE: AMD) introduced the AMD Radeon E6760 embedded discrete graphics processor. Available now, the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU is the first of its kind to offer embedded system designers the combination of OpenCL support(1) along with support for six independent displays.
"The AMD Radeon E6760 GPU provides customers with superior business economics through long lifecycle management and product stability," said Richard Jaenicke, director of Embedded Client Business for AMD. "Embedded system designers faced with power and density constraints now have a solution that delivers the advanced 3D graphics and multimedia features they require in this performance-driven market."
"The AMD Radeon E6760 GPU secures AMD's position as a provider of the highest performance graphics processors available today for embedded devices(2)," said Dan Joncas, vice president of Sales, ALT Software. "With remarkable graphics performance and video support, power management functions for resource constrained devices, and OpenCL support to unlock the GPU's parallel processing capabilities, the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU allows OEMs to differentiate their products from competitors by bringing new levels of performance and functionality to their embedded devices."
"AMD Fusion APUs and the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU provide significant advantages for our new line of intelligent industrial cameras," said Kristian Glode Madsen, managing director, Qtechnology A/S. "We are now able to provide a high-speed, real-time imaging system in the same form factor as a standard industrial camera with the flexibility and rich environment of Linux and OpenCL, normally only available on a PC."
"Tech Source has been successful in the embedded market with our Condor XMC product line that uses AMD's high performance graphics chips," said Selwyn L. Henriques, president, Tech Source Inc. "AMD technology has allowed us to really keep ahead of the curve in terms of both functionality and performance. Our tests have proven that the new AMD Radeon E6760 chip will significantly enhance our OpenCL/GPGPU solutions."
The AMD Radeon E6760 GPU enables an immersive experience with desktop-level 3D graphics and multimedia features:
- An advanced 3D graphics engine and programmable shader architecture supports Microsoft DirectX® 11 technology for superior graphics rendering.
- With an integrated frame buffer, high reliability and small footprint thermal solution, the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU enables designers of casino gaming, arcade and medical imaging systems to quickly deliver products with a compelling competitive edge.
- Support for OpenCL provides an industry standard interface to access the exceptional compute performance per watt for general purpose graphics processing unit (GPGPU) applications such as ultrasound, radar and video surveillance.
- Featuring multi-display support with AMD Eyefinity technology, the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU supports up to six independent output displays(3), HDMI 1.4 stereoscopic video and DisplayPort 1.2 for higher link speeds and simplified display connectivity.
- The AMD Radeon E6760 GPU comes with five years of planned supply availability. Technical support is provided by a dedicated team of application engineering experts.
The AMD Radeon E6760 GPU can be paired with AMD's upcoming high-performance A-Series Accelerated Processing Units (APU) codenamed "Llano" to offer additional graphics capability and additional parallel computing power.
AMD's full portfolio of Embedded Products, including the AMD Embedded G-Series platform, is on display in booth 1432 at the Embedded Systems Conference Silicon Valley in San Jose, California.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
©2011, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. OpenCL is a trademark of Apple Inc. and is used with permission by Khronos. DirectX is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Certification pending
(2) Based on tests conducted in AMD labs using 3DMark Vantage version 1.0.2, a 3DMarkVantageP benchmarking score of P5829 was achieved with an AMD Radeon E6760 graphics card and a 3DMarkVantageP benchmarking score of P5488 was achieved by a NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 graphics card. Test system configuration: Windows 7 64-bit operating system, AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (3.3GHz), Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 motherboard and DDR3 memory.
(3) AMD Eyefinity technology works with applications that support non-standard aspect ratios, which are required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort connectors, and/or DisplayPort compliant active adapters to convert your monitor's native input to your cards DisplayPort or Mini-DisplayPort connector(s), are required. AMD Eyefinity technology can support up to 6 displays using a single enabled AMD Radeon graphics card with Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating systems -- the number of displays may vary by board design and you should confirm exact specifications with the applicable manufacturer before purchase. SLS ("Single Large Surface") functionality requires an identical display resolution on all configured displays.
AMD Global Communications
905-882-2600 Ext. 2704
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: AMD, optimize server performance, multi-tasking processing power, ATI Radeon, PC Gaming, Display, Camera/Film, Business, Anim, OS (Operating System), Windows, Unix, Windows Vista, Linux, Marketwire, Inc., Apple Computer, medical tehnologists, Technology, Surgery, Medical Technology, Game Technology, Medical, Computer Science, Business, Other,