|Page (1) of 1 - 10/02/02||email article||print page|
ALAP Ships XPert Tools Pro 2.0New release supports QuarkXPress 5
XPert Tools Pro combines the most popular features of the old XPert Tools Vols. 1 and 2, according to ALAP. These include 16 Quark XTensions covering page scaling, navigation, attribute find/replace and other functions. The versions of the XTensions in the new collection include new and enhanced functionality. Some of the features include:
- XPert Guides, which provides controls for creating and editing onscreen guides.
- XPert FindChange for finding any type of item and changing any attributes.
- XPert ItemStyles for saving item attributes as style sheets that can be applied to any item from a palette.
- XPert Align, which is used for aligning items with other items.
- XPert Scale, used for scaling QuarkXPress documents, items, groups and contents.
- XPert Layers, which provides a method for locating, selecting and modifying layered items on pages.
- XPert TextLink, which adds a palette for linking and unlinking text boxes and text paths.
- XPert PageSets, which lets users save all the settings in the New Document dialog box as a style called a "page set."
- XPert Paste, which provides additional pasting options.
- XPert Pilot, which provides thumbnail previews of the pages and spreads in the current document.
- XPert ItemMarks for making crop marks and registration marks for individual items and pages.
- XPert ImageInfo, which gives detailed information about all the pictures placed in QuarkXPress documents.
- XPert Print, which allows for printed or saving selected areas in a QuarkXPress document.
- XPert BoxTools for adjusting the size and placement of items, text and graphics.
- XPert Toolbars, which allows for creating custom palettes that provide access to any Quark XPress function.
- XPert Type, which offers quick access to common text formatting options.
XPert Tools Pro 2.0 is available now for Macintosh and WIndows for $179.99. Upgrades run $79.99 or $59.99. For more information, visit http://www.alap.com/.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:ALAP Ships XPert Tools Pro 2.0 New release supports QuarkXPress 5
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved