|Page (1) of 1 - 04/22/09||email article||print page|
AJA Video Systems debuts Ki Pro at NABVirtually instant access to Apple
At NAB 2009, AJA Video Systems was showcasing its new Ki Pro video transcoding/recorder that records files to Apple's ProRes 422 Codec straight from virtually any video camera. Priced at $3995 and expected to ship in June 2009, KI Pro provides virtually instant access to Apple's 10-bit full raster ProRes codec straight from the camera. What Ki Pro essentially does is eliminates the need to re-render video footage to a format that Final Cut Pro understands. Once the footage passes through Ki Pro, that footage can be dropped directly onto FCP's timeline.
Features to Ki Pro include:
- Record hours of ProRes media to a removable storage module with built-in FireWire 800,to 34mm Expresscard Flash
- Record natively to Apple ProRes 422 for full raster 10-bit 4:2:2 HD and SD.
- Bridge proprietary compression schemes by recording to Apple ProRes 422.
- Connect any digital camera via SDI or HDMI, or any analog camera with multiple input options
- Convert in real time from SD to HD, or 720 to/from 1080, in full 10-bit quality.
- Extend client review capabilities with simultaneous recording to camera and to Ki Pro.
- Extend productive life of existing cameras and embrace future workflows with powerful conversion capabilities.
- Built-in WiFi and Ethernet for complete control via a web-browser, or iPhone.
|AJA KI Pro|
The company also showcased several other products, including KONA LHi, an uncompressed video capture/playback card for SD, HD, and 3G SDI single link 4:2:2 that plugs into PCIe-based Mac Pro systems.
KONA LHi features include:
- 3G HD/SD SDI input/output
- HDMI v1.3a input/output w/Deep Color at 30/36 bits per pixel
- 12-bit SD/HD analog component or SD composite/YC I/O
- 10-bit Hardware-based realtime up/down/cross-conversions
- DVCPRO HD hardware acceleration
- HDV hardware acceleration
- Dynamic RT hardware acceleration
- 2-ch balanced XLR AES digital audio and 2-ch balanced XLR analog audio input/output
- 8-ch SDI embedded audio input/output
- HD/SD Genlock and RS-422 machine control
- LTC Input (on Reference input)
- Support for Final Cut Studio applications, Adobe applications and more
- Breakout cables standard, affordable KLHi-Box breakout box optional
- 3-year international warranty
The KONA LHi is currently shipping and is priced at $1495. An optional KLHi-Box breakout box is $349
Hi5-3G and HDP2 mini converters
Two mini converters, the Hi5-3G and HDP2 were also showcased at the Las vegas show. According to the company, the Hi5-3G converts 3G-SDI, dual or single-link HD-SDI, or SD-SDI to HDMI v1.3a to drive HDMI displays. The HDP2 is targeted at users of LCD, DLP, and Plasma monitors and projectors. It will automatically size 4:3 or 16:9 video inputs to DVI-D monitors, the company said. It is designed for general monitoring and is ideal for general post-production reference monitoring, client monitoring, presentation, projection, corporate displays, kiosk applications, the company said.
Both mini converters are priced at $690 and are expected to ship in May 2009.
The company also showcased for the first time Io Express, a monitoring and mastering device that works with Apple ProRes 422 and 422 HQ, XDCAM HD, and DVCPRO HD. Features include:
- Interfaces with MacBook Pro and Windows laptops for input/output of file-based formats
- HD/SD SDI input and output
- HDMI 1.3a input and output, with Deep Color support at 30 and 36 bit per pixel
- HD/SD Component video output
- 2-Channel RCA audio output
- LTC I/O (selectable LTC Input/Reference Video Input)
- RS422 machine control
- KONA or XENA drivers
- Compatible with Apple Final Cut Studio, Adobe CS4
- Small, highly portable case design, one rackunit tall, half rackunit wide
- 4-pin XLR power for AC or battery operation
- 3-meter PCIe tether cable
- PCIe Mac Pro / workstation interface option available
- AJA 3-year international warranty
The Io Express is expected to ship in later this year and is expected to be priced at $995.
For more information, visit www.aja.com.
Related Keywords:AJA Ki Pro, video editing, video transcoding, ProRes transcoding, NLE, videographers, videography, video production