|Page (1) of 1 - 04/13/05||email article||print page|
AJA Releases New Drivers for KONA 2HD Upconversion, Dual Link 10-bit RGB capture and playback, and more (April 13, 2005)
AJA Video today announced the immediate availability of new software v. 1.1 for KONA 2. New features include 10-bit hardware upconversion to convert SD video to HD, providing complete capture-to-disk-to-playback workflows, as well as Dual Link 10-bit RGB capture and playback of full-bandwidth 10-bit 4:4:4 RGB video from/to equipment with Dual Link capability. Other features are detailed below. These new abilities will be demonstrated in AJA's booth at NAB, SL2514.
This update is recommended for all KONA 2 users, and is ready for immediate download at AJA's website in their Support section, at no cost to existing users.
Additionally, three new free utilities are also available for immediate download, supporting DPX to 10-bit QuickTime RGB files transfers, as well as KONA TV, that allows immediate playback from the Desktop of any compatible file.
?I think it's clear that with this release, 1.1, KONA 2 screams ahead of any card available. It includes many powerful and unique features that fully exploit the awesome capabilities of the KONA 2, said Nick Rashby, Director of Sales and Marketing, AJA Video. ?Users will be blown away by features that are only available from AJA. Known for products that are dependable under the most challenging conditions, AJA's are the highest quality cards available for editing on the Apple Mac with Final Cut Pro.
Features of New Driver Utilities:
1. High quality 10-bit hardware upconverters can now be used to seamlessly convert Standard Definition video to High Definition video with the existing downconverters to provide complete capture-to-disk-to-playback workflows.
2. Dual Link 10-bit RGB capture and playback to capture and playback full-bandwidth 10-bit 4:4:4 RGB video from/to equipment with Dual Link capability. New AJA QuickTime codecs allow you to use and create 10-bit RGB clips in any QuickTime application.
3. New VideoOut "Pause on Full Frame/Single Field" mode allows you to select whether KONA 2 outputs full frame (with inter-field motion) or single-field video when in Pause (Stop).
4. New pulldown pattern can be selected between 2:3:2:3, 2:3:3:2, and 2:2:2:4 pulldown (and reverse pulldown) patterns.
5. New RGB-YUV conversion options have been added enabling the automatic conversion of RGB frames to 4:2:2 YUV for SDI outputs and increased user control over the ColorSpace Matrix and Gamma conversions.
6. Support for Silicon Color Final Touch software.
7. New controls for H and V Output Timing.
8. Improved PCI transfer bandwidth.
9. Capture timing compensation when an up/down converter is used in the capture path
New free Utilities:
1. AJA KONA TV is an application for playing Kona QuickTime movies directly to the KONA VideoOutput. It's a quickie way to put clips "on-air" without having to launch Final Cut Pro, make a sequence, etc.
2. AJA KONA QTToDPX Translator takes a 10-bit RGB QuickTime movie (e.g. one that was captured via KONA 2 Dual Link) and turns it into a series of DPX files (the DPX file format is a common interchange format for high-end film and graphics workstations).
3. AJA KONA DPXToQT Translator does the opposite of the above: it turns a folder full of DPX files into a KONA 10-bit RGB QuickTime movie.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of SDI and HD-SDI video interface and conversion solutions, bringing high-quality, cost-effective digital video products to the professional broadcast and post production markets. AJA offers Io (the ?ultimate capture box), SDI and HD-SDI QuickTime PCI capture cards, miniature stand-alone converters, and a complete line of rack mount interface and conversion cards and frames. With headquarters located in Grass Valley, California, AJA Video designs and manufactures all of its products in the USA, with an extensive sales channel of dealers and systems integrators around the world.
For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.
Related Keywords:AJA, KONA 2, HD Upconversion, RGB capture, AJA Video, QuickTime, Nick Rashby, Apple, Final Cut Pro, AJA KONA TV, AJA KONA QTToDPX Translator, AJA KONA DPXToQT,