|Page (1) of 1 - 07/18/05||email article||print page|
AFI Digital Content Lab Presents Digital Content FestivalDay-long event features presentations from AOL, Fox, MTV, Showtime, BBC, EchoStar, and more (July 18, 2005)
AFI Digital Content Festival - AFI Digital Content Lab (formerly eTV Workshop) presents the annual showcase of the best digital interactive programming that was made available to viewers during the last year. Presentations span the globe and include those created for television, mobile devices, broadband and games.
Feature presentations include:
* Special Address by Jonathan Miller, Chairman and CEO, America Online
* Lucy Hood, President, Fox Mobile Entertainment
* Jason Hirschhorn, Senior Vice President, Digital Music and Media, MTV Networks
* Rob Tercek, (M)FORMA
* Scott Jensen, Vice President, Global Licensing & Brand Partnerships, (M)FORMA
* Roma Khanna, SVP Content, ChumTV (Canada)
* Philip Jay, BBC (UK)
* Fred McIntyre, Vice President of Video, AOL Music on Demand
* Chris Lucas, VP/Executive Producer, Digital Media, Showtime Networks Inc.
* Robert Chua, Founder, The Interactive Channel (Hong Kong)
* Paul Marcum, Vice President Interactive Media Group, Sesame Workshop
* Michael Goldstein, Project Manager, Interactive Programming, Echostar
* Mugs Buckley, Interactive Sales Manager, Comcast Spotlight
* Philip Alvelda, CEO, Idetic
Wednesday, July 20
8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
2021 N Western Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90027
To Erin Hurff, 323.856.7603 or ehurff@AFI.com
AFI is a national institute providing leadership in screen education and the recognition and celebration of excellence in the art of film, television and digital media.
The AFI Digital Content Lab (AFI DCL) incubates new forms of entertainment programming on digital platforms from idea to audience. Placing the highest value on creative excellence, the AFI DCL pairs design and technology experts with professionals from TV, film, games and an array of programming initiators in an R&D environment to adapt new and existing concepts to digital creation and distribution. In short, the lab creates content for new and emerging digital media.
The AFI DCL was launched in 1998 as the AFI Enhanced TV Lab. AFI eTV incubated more than 50 digital television applications from top properties, including Time Warner (HBO, TCM and CNN), Viacom (MTV, Nickelodeon and Showtime), ABC/Disney (ABC and Disney Channel), NBC/Universal (Bravo, VU Games, Sci-Fi Channel) and News Corp (DirecTV).
The AFI DCL sets the standard for innovation in digital media, with a focus on real programming that is deployable now or in the near future. The AFI DCL delivers solutions that address behavior shifts triggered by the digital evolution, which today include an expectation of interactivity, on-demand and viewer-driven program schedules, and a tendency toward media that is shareable by multiple devices and viewable both at home and on the go.
Learn more at www.AFI.com.
Related Keywords:AFI, AFI Digital Content Lab, Digital Content Festival, AOL, Fox, MTV, Showtime, BBC, EchoStar, mobile devices, broadband, games, eTV Workshop,