|Page (1) of 1 - 11/09/11||email article||print page|
AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah Live on WorkdayMembership Organization Moves Financial Management, Human Resources, and Payroll to the Cloud (November 09, 2011)
PLEASANTON, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/09/11 -- Workday Inc., the leader in SaaS-based enterprise solutions for global financial management, human resources (HR), and payroll, today announced that AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah is live on Workday Financial Management, Human Capital Management, and Payroll. The Workday customer completed its transition from a traditional on-premise ERP system to Workday in just five months and is realizing a 60 percent reduction in total cost of ownership over its previous system.
- AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah (AAA NCNU) is a membership organization that provides Automotive, Insurance, and Travel services to over 4 million members at nearly 100 branch offices.
- AAA NCNU's business strategy calls for a lean operational model with low fixed overhead costs and expanded use of specialist-provided services, including software-as-a-service (SaaS).
- Following a research and review process, AAA NCNU determined that Workday could meet its needs for a flexible and unified financial management, HR, and payroll solution that delivered real-time business insights to business users throughout the organization.
- AAA NCNU implemented Workday Financial Management, Human Capital Management and Payroll in just five months, using limited IT resources.
- Workday provides AAA NCNU with:
- An estimated 60 percent reduction in total cost of ownership -- including IT support, maintenance, and licensing -- compared with its previous on-premise software.
- A reduction in the number of accounts from 6,000 contained in its previous financial management application down to 80, which greatly simplified Chart of Accounts administration while improving multi-dimensional reporting and analysis.
- A user experience that encourages self-service across a workforce of nearly 2,200 employees.
- A unified platform that provides actionable analytics, allowing personnel to make better-informed business decisions related to human resources, purchases, investments, company growth strategy, and more.
- Freedom from complex software customizations with a configurable, SaaS-based system that's updated by Workday three times a year.
Comments on the News
"AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah is widely recognized as a trusted provider of emergency road, automotive, insurance and travel services," said David Duffield, co-CEO and chief customer advocate at Workday. "We are honored the company has entrusted Workday to provide and run its critical business systems."
"We knew we wanted a flexible system that provided a real-time, integrated view of our workforce and financial data and freed us from complex software customizations," said Siobhan McFeeney, CFO at AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah. "Workday provided an HR and finance solution the way we wanted it."
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses, combining a lower cost of ownership with an innovative approach to business applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers unified Human Capital Management, Payroll, and Financial Management solutions designed for today's organizations and the way people work. Delivered in the cloud leveraging a modern technology platform, Workday offers a fresh alternative to legacy ERP. More than 240 customers, spanning mid-sized organizations to Fortune 500 businesses, have selected Workday. Visit us at www.workday.com.
AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah offers a wide array of automotive, travel, insurance, DMV, financial services and consumer discounts to more than 4 million members. AAA has been a leader and advocate for the safety and security of all travelers since it was founded more than 100 years ago.
© 2011. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Media Contact Information
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: cloud, finance, human resource, saas, erp, payroll, AAA, Marketwire, Inc., , Financial, Business, Other,