|Page (1) of 1 - 11/07/11||email article||print page|
73% of Survey Participants Considering an OpenStack Deployment for Cost Savings and to Avoid Vendor Lock-In(November 07, 2011)
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 11/07/11 -- Zenoss, a leading provider of management software for physical, virtual, and cloud-based IT infrastructures, today announced the results of the 2011 OpenStack Adoption Survey. Based on 772 surveys gathered by Zenoss at the OpenStack Conference and from the Zenoss open source management community, the survey revealed that 73% of the participants are considering an OpenStack deployment, driven by cost savings and fear of vendor lock-in.
"OpenStack's growth over the past year is a testament to the power of open," said Bill Karpovich, CEO of Zenoss. "As a supporter of the project from its early days, we are excited to see it have such a big impact. We'll continue to support the OpenStack project and aim to provide its users with the most complete monitoring and analysis solution available."
Additional key findings in the 2011 OpenStack Adoption Survey include:
- 73% of participants are considering an OpenStack deployment.
- The biggest drivers for considering OpenStack are Cost (47%) and Avoiding Vendor Lock-In (46%).
- The adoption curve for OpenStack is steep, with 40% of organizations planning to be operational within one year.
- The OpenStack components that respondents are most interested in are Object Storage (Swift) at 44%, followed by Compute (Nova) at 43%, and Network Connectivity (Quantum) and Dashboard both tied at 40%.
- 63% indicated that performance and availability is their biggest cloud concern.
- Among enterprise, service provider and government respondents, OpenStack and VMware vSphere are nearly tied and represent nearly 80% of the cloud operating system most likely to be deployed.
- Service providers are more likely to choose OpenStack over enterprise and government organizations.
- Organizations with higher levels of satisfaction with open source systems are more likely to choose OpenStack over VMware vSphere as a cloud operating system.
- Among organizations building or planning to build internal storage and compute clouds, Zenoss (47.8%) and Nagios (40.5%) are the management tools most likely to be used.
2011 OpenStack Adoption Survey Report: http://www3.zenoss.com/openstack_survey
2011 OpenStack Adoption Survey Infographic: http://www3.zenoss.com/openstack_infographic
Read our blog: http://blog.zenoss.com/
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/zenoss
About Zenoss, Inc.
Zenoss is a leading provider of management software for physical, virtual, and cloud-based IT infrastructures. Over 35,000 organizations worldwide have deployed Zenoss to manage their networks, servers, virtual devices, storage, and cloud infrastructure, gaining complete visibility and predictability into their IT operations. Customers include Rackspace, VMware, Hosting.com, LinkedIn, Carlson, Motorola and Deutsche Bank. Zenoss was recognized as a "Visionary" in Gartner's 2010 Magic Quadrant for IT Event Correlation and Analysis.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: OpenStack, cloud management, OpenStack Conference, OpenStack survey, cost savings, Service Assurance, Storage, Business Issues, Software, Misc, Networks, Management, CEO/CFO, Marketwire, ,