|Page (1) of 1 - 01/18/12||email article||print page|
2012 Super Bowl Parking Reaching $900Despite Cold Weather, ParkWhiz Sales Data Shows Prices Are Rising, More People Are Buying (January 18, 2012)
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 01/18/12 -- Newly released data from ParkWhiz.com shows that the initial concern about hosting the Super Bowl in a cold weather climate was unfounded. As the ONLY true online marketplace that fans can secure a guaranteed parking, tailgate, or RV space at or near Lucas Oil Stadium, ParkWhiz sales for the big game have grown 20% over last year's Super Bowl XLV in Arlington, Texas. The average cost of a parking space has increased by 31%. However, securing a guaranteed tailgate spot is a relative bargain, with prices lower from last year by almost 35%. The top selling space thus far was a $900 RV space.
Football fans from 27 states have already reserved their parking space for Super Bowl XLVI. Some are traveling as far as 1,855 miles away, while locals as close as a few miles away aren't taking any chances and have also locked in their parking. In fact, one thing that hasn't changed from last year is that about a quarter of all purchases have been made by locals who are looking to soak up this once-in-a-lifetime experience. Ticket and parking sales are expected to surge as soon as the two teams are determined and more data will be released at that time.
SUPER BOWL XLVI PARKING BUYER DEMOGRAPHICS (by state)
Indiana 28% Illinois 13% Wisconsin 7% Pennsylvania 6% 46 other states 46%
Farthest buyer - Camarillo, California - 1,855 miles
Closest buyer - Indianapolis, Indiana - 4 miles
* Data based on sales through ParkWhiz.com as of 1/17
Additional Super Bowl XLVI Sales Data:
- The average paid parking price (includes RV, tailgating) is $184; for Super Bowl XLV (2/6/11 Steelers-Packers): $140
- The price range for parking (includes RV, tailgating) is $39 - $900; for Super Bowl XLV $33 - $1099
- ParkWhiz is the ONLY place for fans to lock in their Super Bowl tailgate space, as the NFL expressly forbids tailgating on their properties.
- The average tailgate spot cost $96; for Super Bowl XLV $147
- The NFL only has 2 parking garages totaling 4,000 spaces (non-tailgate/standard parking) for fans, located 0.5 and 0.8 miles away, costing $76 after taxes and fees.
- ParkWhiz has over 12,000 spaces across 25+ parking facilities, ranging from 0.1 - 1.0 mile away, with the average non-tailgate/standard parking space costing $88. Parking 0.8 miles away costs $39.
- The average RV parking space costs $513; for Super Bowl XLV $806
ParkWhiz represents a breakthrough in the way people park. With over 500 parking facilities in its network, ParkWhiz helps people park their cars quickly and efficiently. Drivers can go to http://www.parkwhiz.com to find parking information and purchase guaranteed parking at locations across the country. Parking owners use ParkWhiz to attract more customers and increase revenues. ParkWhiz is a privately held company based in Chicago.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: ParkWhiz.com, Marketwire, , Sports, Football, Other,