|Page (1) of 1 - 10/11/04||email article||print page|
117th AES Convention Offers Expansive Student ProgramBob Ludwig, Shawn Murphy & Bob Moog among distinguished panelists (October 11, 2004)
In keeping with its long-term commitment to supporting education, the Audio Engineering Societys 117th Convention Student Program will offer a wealth of stimulating and informative events. Designed to inform and inspire the next generation of audio industry professionals, the panels, competitions and mentoring sessions will take place Oct. 28 31 in the Moscone Convention Center.
?Education Events Chair Theresa Leonard and Vice-Chair Felice Santos-Martin have developed an exceptional series of programs and events, remarked Convention Chair John Strawn. ?They have also attracted a number of high profile participants. Student attendees will benefit from the real-world experience of internationally recognized industry leaders like Bob Ludwig, Shawn Murphy and Bob Moog. By the same token, Strawn continued, ?the panelists themselves will be challenged and energized by their interaction with these sharp, committed young people.
Among the events comprising the 117th AES Convention Student Program are:
* ?STEPS TO THE FUTURE One-On-One Mentoring: Meetings with accomplished industry professionals
* DESIGN COMPETITION Students enrolled in any university or recording school are invited to showcase their technical skills. Multiple prizes will be awarded.
* RECORDING COMPETITION Finalists selected by the prejudging panel in Classical, Non-classical, Surround and Post categories will describe and play original recordings
* EDUCATION FAIR A large and varied number of institutions offering studies in audio will join a ?table top session to provide prospective students with information and guidance
* STUDENT POSTER SESSION A forum for audio students to present research work
* EDUCATION FORUM PANEL: ?Education In The Field of Audio Production The AES educational network is an invaluable channel between educators, students and the professional recording industry. Topics will include: Internships, Graduate Placements and keeping curriculum current with industry needs.
A complete schedule of 117th AES Convention events is available at http://www.aes.org
About The Audio Engineering Society
Formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers, the Audio Engineering Society counts over 12,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The AES serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry.
For additional information on the AES 117th Convention please visit http://www.aes.org.
Related Keywords:AES, Student Program, Bob Ludwig, Shawn Murphy, Bob Moog, Audio Engineering Society, Chair Theresa Leonard, Felice Santos-Martin, John Strawn, Audio Production,