|Page (1) of 1 - 12/07/11||email article||print page|
10gen Announces Final Speaker and Sponsor Line-Up for MongoSV 2011; Additions Include AOL, Cisco, Microsoft and X.commerceMore Than 1000 Attendees Expected at the December 9 Silicon Valley Conference (December 07, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/07/11 -- 10gen, which develops the leading open source non-relational database MongoDB, announced today the final presenters and sponsors for MongoSV. The annual one-day, seven-track conference features over 50 sessions from both MongoDB developers and production users. The conference is taking place on December 9 in Santa Clara, California and registration is still open for the largest MongoDB event ever.
MongoSV event sponsors include: 10gen, Amazon Web Services, Cloud Foundry by VMware, DATAVERSITY, DotCloud, Fusion-io, GitHub, Jaspersoft, JoyentCloud, Loggly, Manning, Microsoft, MongoHQ, MongoLab, Nebula, OpenShift by RedHat, O'Reilly, PalominoDB, Pentaho, Rackspace, Right Scale, Server Density, Startup Monthly, Twilio, Ubuntu and Virident.
A top-notch presenter line-up includes:
- Curt Stevens, director of software engineering at Disney Interactive Media Group, will share how to run operations to keep game magic alive.
- Kenny Gorman, data architect at Shutterfly, will present on performance tuning and scalability.
- Biren Gandhi, senior architect, and Raghurama Bhat, technical leader at Cisco, will discuss MongoDB in enterprise social software.
- Eduard Koller, program manager at Microsoft, will present on deploying MongoDB on Windows Azure.
- Cooper Bethea of foursquare, will share how to deploy MongoDB on AWS.
- Patrick Chanezon, senior director of developer relations at VMware, will present how CloudFoundry and MongoDB are a marriage made in heaven.
- Luke Gotszling, lead developer at About.me/AOL, will talk about using MongoDB as a message queue.
- Jeromy Carriere, chief architect of X.commerce, will share how they are using open source to revolutionize commerce for consumers.
For a complete list of speakers visit: http://www.mongosv.com/
"The strong line-up of speakers and event sponsors will provide a valuable experience for the thousand-plus developers in attendance, pairing rich content and face-to-face interaction with experienced engineers, data architects and vendors in the space," said Erik Frieberg, vice president of marketing at 10gen. "This event is a culmination of a tremendous year of 23 MongoDB events held worldwide, and we are excited for the information exchange and anticipated release of news at MongoSV."
ADDITIONAL EVENT DETAILS
When: December 9, 2011, from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. PT
Where: Santa Clara Convention Center, 5001 Great America Pkwy., Santa Clara, CA 95054
After Party: Sponsored by Microsoft, attendees will gather at Gordon Biersch on 33 East San Fernando Street in San Jose, CA
10gen is the initiator, contributor and continual sponsor of MongoDB, offering production support, training, consulting and online management services for the database. Thousands of leading Web 2.0 companies as well as major Fortune 500 enterprises have adopted MongoDB. 10gen is funded by Flybridge Capital Partners, Sequoia Capital and Union Square Ventures. For more information, visit www.10gen.com or www.mongodb.org.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: 10gen, MongoDB, NoSQL, MongoSV, Microsoft, Marketwire, , Management Services, Internet Technology, Computer Science, Web 2.0,