|Page (1) of 1 - 07/09/12||email article||print page|
10 Things to Know for Monday10 Things to Know for Monday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today (all times EDT):
1. GETTING ONLINE MAY BE A PROBLEM FOR SOME
That's because malware that took over computers around the world more than a year ago may affect thousands trying to get online this morning.
2. WHAT OBAMA PLANS FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS
With the economy still in the doldrums, the president will call for a one-year extension of tax cuts for people making less than $250,000 a year.
3. WHY ARAFAT'S REMAINS ARE BEING EXHUMED
A Swiss institute found elevated traces of a radioactive agent reportedly on the late Palestinian leader's belongings, reviving speculation he was poisoned.
4. IRS HAS WORK CUT OUT FOR IT IN 2014
That's when it will have to enforce collecting taxes for the 2010 Affordable Care Act on top of collecting all the taxes for running the federal government.
5. FILM GREAT ERNEST BORGNINE DIES AT 95
His portrayal of a lovesick butcher in the 1955 movie "Marty" won him his only Oscar but opened up new roles for him in a career that spanned nearly seven decades.
6. WHY SOME MILITARY FAMILIES ARE GETTING CLOSURE
At 9 a.m. in Arlington, Va., the U.S. military will bury the remains of six airmen lost in an Air Force plane crash over Laos 47 years ago.
7. WHAT OCEANS' RISING ACID LEVELS MEANS TO YOU
The head of a U.S. scientific agency says the effect on coral reefs threatens everything from food security to tourism to livelihoods.
8. WHY AN OPENLY GAY CANDIDATE HAS A TOUGH ROAD TO SENATE
Tammy Baldwin, a Democratic congresswoman, faces an uphill climb to election in more conservative parts of Wisconsin.
9. IT'S NOT A BATTERY, BUT IT KEEPS GOING AND GOING
Don't tell Irvin Gordon to trade in his 1966 Volvo P1800S. The man from New York's Long Island needs only 34,000 more miles to crack 3 million on his odometer.
10. FEDERER ROLLS A "7'' AT WIMBLEDON
Roger Federer captures his seventh title at the All England Club and 17th major overall after defeating Scotsman Andy Murray in four sets.
Related Keywords:10 Things to Know-Monday,