|Page (1) of 1 - 04/30/12||email article||print page|
10 Things to Know for Monday10 Things to Know for Monday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today (times EDT):
1. Deal expected in US asylum case for blind legal activist in China
An activist says a compromise will be reached ahead of this week's high-level talks in Beijing.
2. One World Trade Center becomes New York City's tallest skyscraper Monday
News conference is scheduled for 2 p.m.
3. There was no distress signal from sailboat before it was wrecked
The Coast Guard, Mexican navy and civilian vessels suspend their search for a missing sailor after finding the bodies of three other crew members.
4. High-speed chase, shootout and trio's capture in Colorado ends in a courtroom
Sentencing of the Florida siblings is scheduled for noon.
5. Japan's prime minister hopes meeting with Obama helps him at home
Yoshihiko Noda meets with the president at 11:40 a.m.
6. First lady campaigns in Arizona
Michelle Obama arrives in Tucson at 8 p.m., giving Arizonans a sign that their state will be up for grabs in November's presidential election.
7. The rosy life for San Francisco Bar Pilots comes under new scrutiny
Shipping companies are contesting the pilots' rising fees and the Legislature seeks more oversight over them.
8. Secret Service image deals with a black eye
The prostitution scandal in Colombia has changed the public face of the elite agency.
9. Coroner to give cause of death after seven are killed when SUV plunges into Bronx Zoo
The cause of the crash is still unclear and police haven't said how fast the SUV was traveling.
10. Two blasts kill eight, wound nearly 100 in Syria
The country's state news agency says the explosions in the city of Idlib were carried out by suicide bombers.
Related Keywords:10 Things to Know-Monday,