|Page (1) of 1 - 06/07/12||email article||print page|
CFEngine Inc. Announces CFEngine 3 Enterprise, Its Flagship Configuration Management Software ProductBuilding Upon the Popular Open-Source CFEngine 3 Project, the Enterprise Edition Adds Unprecedented Real-Time Insight to Configuration Management of Large-Scale IT-Infrastructures, as Well as Role-Based Access, Windows Support and Integration Wi (June 07, 2012)
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - June 07, 2012) - ??Today CFEngine Inc., the leading provider of Configuration Management software for agile system administrators, announced CFEngine 3 Enterprise, a next-generation IT Automation solution. The Enterprise Edition succeeds CFEngine 3 Nova, which has gained substantial use, with large-scale deployments by customers in Financial, Government and Technology market segments.
"CFEngine 3's unique low use of memory, CPU and I/O resources give it best-in-class performance, so users can manage more hosts at a faster rate, with less hardware and smaller cloud instances, leading to considerably lower costs," says Mark Burgess, CTO and Co-Founder of CFEngine. "The Enterprise Edition adds capabilities to gain detailed insight into large-scale IT infrastructure and to model and document complex business requirements so users can understand their systems and expect predictable behavior."
CFEngine 3 Enterprise offers:
- Mission Portal. A graphical user interface to set policies and manage the health of your IT infrastructure. It provides real-time reports on actual and desired state of any machine or service in your IT infrastructure, allowing you to develop, review and improve configurations to make them align with your organization's business goals.
- Dynamic Host Grouping. Use any CFEngine class to organize hosts in infrastructure groups, such as physical locations (Europe, California, headquarters, etc.), operating systems, services (web server, db server, etc.), security status and more. Groups can be nested, yielding a tree-like structure, giving you unprecedented control.
- Role Based Access Control. Configure Enterprise Edition to use Active Directory and LDAP to differentiate between Linux admins, Windows admins, database administrators and any other roles in the team, in order to provide them access to the resources they need for their work.
- REST API. Integrate CFEngine's detailed knowledge of large-scale systems with other tools through a REST API. Use this for instance to feed information about policies that cannot be maintained ('promises not kept') directly into a ticketing system.
- Support Mission-Critical High Availability with a fully redundant, lightweight architecture for updating system information. Get reliable and predictable insight with server recovery times of only a few seconds in case of failure.
- Native Support for Windows. You can manage Microsoft Windows servers and desktops, with native control of the Windows Services, Windows Registry and Windows Access Control Lists (ACLs).
- Fast IT Compliance. Simplify the implementation and compliance of IT regulations, such as STIGs, PCI-DSS, SOX 404 and other accepted industry best practices. You can use and customize extensive out-of-the-box policies and reports, allowing you to complete IT audits in hours instead of weeks.
"The CFEngine open-source project has changed the landscape of Configuration Management ever since it was first introduced in 1993," said Thomas Ryd, CEO of CFEngine Inc. "With the introduction of its third generation in 2009 it again redefined the industry, with a lightweight, distributed, self-healing architecture that enables unprecedented scalability. CFEngine 3 Enterprise adds world-class support services as well as functionality to help users understand and control their complex systems and ensure their IT supports their business goals."
- The CFEngine Design Center, released in conjunction with CFEngine 3 Enterprise, is a GitHub repository of ready-to-use components, called sketches, as well as policy examples and tools. It allows users to rapidly implement a CFEngine infrastructure without touching a single line of code.
- Visit the company website at cfengine.com.
- Follow CFEngine on Twitter @cfengine_news
Pricing and Availability:
CFEngine 3 Enterprise is available immediately. System administrators can use the live online demo of the Mission Portal to learn more. CFEngine 3 Enterprise is free for managing up to 25 nodes and can be downloaded at cfengine.com/25free. Special promotional pricing encourages small initial deployments in the range of 50 - 1,000 nodes, contact Sales for more details.
About CFEngine Inc.
CFEngine was founded in 2008 in Norway. CFEngine software automates large-scale IT computing infrastructure, ensuring the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical applications and services. Its solutions are used by global organizations such as AT&T, Cisco, eBay, LinkedIn, AMD, the U.S. Navy, and five of the 10 largest banks on Wall Street to manage servers, desktops and other heterogeneous computing devices. The privately held company serves its global financial, technology and government customers from international offices in Oslo, Norway and Palo Alto, California.??CFEngine is a trademark of CFEngine AS. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
press AT cfengine DOT com
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: configuration management software , Applications, Security, Database, Computer Technology, Business Issues, Hardware, Other, Law & Regulations, Management, CTO/CIO, CEO/CFO, Database Administrators, Unix, Linux, USA, Marketwire, Inc., Financial, Wall Street, Computer Science, Business, Military, Other,