NEWS Sep. 19, 2001
StuffIt Deluxe 6.5 Comes to OS X
New version gets FTP and mail utilities
Aladdin Systems has released StuffIt Deluxe 6.5 for Mac OS X. StuffIt Deluxe is Aladdin's file compression utility for the Mac. The new version offers a number of feature enhancements and additions, including several automated processes.
StuffIt Deluxe 6.5 includes StuffIt Express Personal Edition (used to create customized drop box applications that can be configured to automate file compression and transfer tasks). It also offers Magic Menu support for Mac OS X, support for Palm OS files and compression utility for Unix.
Other new features include:
- StuffIt Browser, which allows file expansion, compression and access to choose from StuffIt, Bzip, Gzip or Unix compress archives from within the Finder;
- ArchiveSearch for locating files within StuffIt archives;
- Virus detection;
- File encryption;
- Ability to compress or expand by renaming a file;
- One-click Stuff and Mail;
- Create self-extracting archives that expand automatically;
- Return receipt, which provides notification when archives are expanded.
StuffIt Deluxe is available now for $79.95. The upgrade price is $19.95. For more information, visit http://www.stuffit.com.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]