Quadmation Releases PlayerPro 5.8
Commercial and freeware versions get ASIO support
Quadmation has announced an update to its PlayerPro audio editing software.
The new versions of the commercial and freeware releases add a number
of new features, GUI enhancements and bug fixes. They also remove all
68K code, making them operable only on PowerPC machines. New features
in version 5.8 include:
- New envelopes function (linear interpolation);
- Volumes are now computed on 16 bits for better sound quality;
- Bug corrections in registration system;
- Faster Oscilloscope for all systems (including with VM ON in Mac OS
- MADK File Icon corrected;
- Many small GUI improvements;
- Support ASIO drivers;
- Fully compatible with the Appearance Manager;
- Compiled with CodeWarrior 6, including new Carbon compatible headers.
PlayerPRO is a complete music editing program that runs on any PowerPC-based
Mac without any additional hardware. PlayerPRO can load and play the following
sound formats: MOD, S3M, MIDI, MTM, MADH, MADG, MADI, MADK, OKTA, MINS,
XI, PP, Clip File, MED, 669, IT, ULT, XM System 7 sound, WAV, AIFF, AIFC,
SoundDesignerII, MPEG, MP3, MuLaw, ALaw, AVI, DVC, Quicktime Movies, MAC3,
MAC6, IMA4, MPEG layer I, II and III (requires QT 4.0), PAT (GUS), Qdesign
and RAW Data.
The new updates are available free at Quadmation's Web site. For more
information or to download the update, visit http://www.quadmation.com/pphome.htm.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]